rustypants speaks

youth pastor. husband. idiot. why should you care? it's beyond me.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

so you're in an airplane...

and it crashes. you're the only survivor. you manage to swim to a deserted island where you quickly convert your CD player to solar power using only coconut shells and palm fronds. now if only you had some CD's to play.

the next day, walking up the beach, oh my gosh! what's that?!? a package is floating near the shoreline. you run out into the surf to retrieve it and magically it contains the three CD's you wish you could listen to for the rest of your life!

with an average life expectancy of 77 years, you've got a long way to go. choose your three CD's wisely and please leave a comment with your choices. (note: your third CD can be a box set if you so choose).

my three:
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
Waterdeep's Sink or Swim
John Coltrane & Miles Davis' The Complete Columbia Recordings

3 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Third Day: Offerings (which I lost and I'm TICKED about that!!!)
    Sonicflood: Sonicflood
    Josh Grobin: Closer

    I like intense, emotion-producing music. I thought of throwing Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis in there too but, who are we kidding, I know those musicals backwards and forwards and could just sing them to myself. ;)

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Best of Sting 1984-1994

    Pink Floyd's dark side of the Moon (number six, Us and Them, is the best)

    Bob Marley's Songs of Freedom [BOX SET]
    ...you did say we could have a box set no?

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mozart's Requium
    Chris Tomlin's Arriving
    The complete Beethoven symphonies (boxed set)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home