rustypants speaks

youth pastor. husband. idiot. why should you care? it's beyond me.

Friday, February 17, 2006

ice, ice baby

today on washingtonpost.com there was an online interview with vanilla ice and the results are somewhat comical.

i'll let you read it for yourself, but one section i'll quote is:

Washington, D.C.:
What do you think of Eminem?

Vanilla Ice: I'm glad there's another white guy out there having success because it's all been on my shoulders for so long.

to which i say: vanilla WHO?? is there some other "rapper" named vanilla ice who's actually been successful RAPPING and not just successful at getting caught as a poser and worn-out has-been appearing on such loser-filled shows as the surreal life?

duebber - help me out!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger scott d said…

    Gotta love guys who get through life simply by living off of their past fame... he's a loser...

    White Rappers... no, there aren't a ton noteworthy... kinda depends on how you categorize Kid Rock, Beastie Boys, House of Pain. ICP might fit the bill, but they aren't exactly mainstream rap either.

    On the Christian scene, Tobymac and John Reuben are pretty huge... and quite talented as well. But again, not exactly mainstream rap. I recently heard a demo of a guy who goes by MC Till, and he's pretty good as well.

    Oh yeah, I heard Kevin Federline is gonna be huge... (heavy sarcasm intended)

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger scott d said…

    Multiple days after answering your request for help, I'm still left wondering whether or not I should feel flattered that you called on ME for white rap information. The more I think about it, the more I think I should be offended. At the very least, I probably need to get a life. Rap and country... it's all I listen to these days...

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Rustypants said…

    no insult intended! :-) you're the only one i know who reads this consistently who LIKES rap (besides me) and has some grasp of who the players are (or would that be "playas").

    i knew you, of all people, would appreciate the ludicrous (ludacris?) nature of this fools comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home