rustypants speaks

youth pastor. husband. idiot. why should you care? it's beyond me.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Lord of the Rings! YES! All-day?? NO!!

Ok, who's the guy who decided to run all three LOTR movies back to back in one sitting?

Grrr. Ok. It was me.

So obviously a long day tomorrow. Er, today.

Am sitting here listening to some Phil Keaggy and looking to slow my brain down so I can go in and sleep. I had some guy ask me tonight my five favorite bands of all time. I picked from rock stuff only and the list is interesting.

1. Pink Floyd
2. Smashing Pumpkins
3. Waterdeep
4. Toad the Wet Sprocket
5. Neil Young

If I were to add other kinds of music, the list would include:

- Miles Davis
- Albert Collins
- Keith Jarrett
- Phil Keaggy
- John Coltrane
- Thelonious Monk

Frankly, the only kind of music I truly hate is country. I tend to think that it all sounds the same. I know, I know - it doesn't (and my friends say jazz and blues all sound the same, but WE know that's not true, right?).

Wow. Phil's mellow sounds are wearing me down. I'm out.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home